Community Meeting Regarding Middle School Proposal to Repurpose Rosenwald & Close A.D. Harris
Glenwood Community Center
722 E. 9th Court
Panama City, Florida
The Bay County School Board approved Superintendent William Husfelt’s Middle School Proposal for “advertising” to the public. A final vote to accept this proposal will be held on February 18, 2009. The proposal includes:
* move A.D. Harris High School students to Rosenwald
* move Rosenwald students to Jinks and Everitt middle schools
* cancel the Emerald Bay Academy contract
* close Shaw Education Center and Haney High School
* close West Bay Elementary
* move Margaret K. Lewis students to Millville Elementary School and
* delay the opening of Breakfast Point Academy.
Rosenwald has achieved an “A” ranking from the Florida Department of Education two out of the last three years. Everitt has received a “C” ranking the last two years.
The School Board had another plan, the K-8 Proposal, which will save $500,000 more per year than the Middle School Proposal.
Join the Bay County Chapter of the RainbowPUSH Coalition, the NAACP – Bay County Branch, and the Bay County Interdenominational Ministerial Alliance as we come together to find an Alternate Solution to the proposed plan. Please bring ideas for a solution.