We asked, and you responded! Here are some of the top activities that Panama City kids are getting involved in this summer. They are in no particular order, and have all been contributed by our gracious Facebook fans.
1) Biophilia Center - There are tons of events held here for kids, including a fire safety workshop and an archeology day camp. Copy this address into your browser for a full list: http://www.eowilsoncenter.org/public-events/calendar-of-events this
2) Check your child's school for service learning camps. One facebook fan says her child is going to a "Sheltering Wings Camp at her school, and she is so excited."
3) Zoo World has great day camps for kids, where they will have the opportunity to be hands-on with animals, do arts and crafts, and see animal shows. Copy this link into your browser for more information: http://www.zooworldpcb.net/programsevents/summersafarizoocamp.html
4) Karate Camps - many Facebook and Twitter fans tell us their kids are getting involved with karate this summer. Copy this link into your browser for more information: http://www.panamacitykarate.com/KTC%20Coming%20Events%20&%20Info.html
5) Panama City Swim Team, Summer Splashes - several fans tell us their kids are stoked for Splashes season to come back around. It's a great way for your child to stay active while also meeting many other people their age. You can register online by copying this address into your browser: http://www.panamacityswimteam.com/SubTabGeneric.jsp?team=sepcst&_stabid_=40893
6) Does your child love to dance? There are numerous cheerleading and dance camps in the area. Learn more by copying this address into your browser bar: http://www.panamacitybeachsummercamps.com/
7) Pirate's Soccer Camps - have your children learn soccer with the Panama City Pirates! Put this address in your browser bar for more information: http://panamacitybeachpirates.com/youth/
8) Wilderness Camps - The Bay County Sheriff's Office is hosting wilderness camps for kids ages 12 to 17. Have your child get back in touch with nature! Check out this web address by copying it to your browser: http://baycommunitynews.com/bcso-wilderness-camp/
9) Is your child interested in law enforcement? The Bay County Sheriff's Office is also hosting a camp so your kid can be a Jr. Deputy! Here's the information, just copy this address into your browser: http://www.bayso.org/jrdeputy.html
10) Give your child a little creativity with an art camp at the Northwest Florida Visual Arts Center. Here's a web address for more information: http://vacnwf.org/YouthEducation.aspx. Or just take them to the next exhibit showing for a little culture. Check out the next event by copying this address into your browser: http://vacnwf.org/UpcomingExhibits.aspx
That's the list! Be sure to contact our reporter Kati Weis at email@example.com if you've got a big weekend community event, and check out our Facebook page for more community news postings. News Channel 7 values our area and wants to contribute to the community as much as possible.