- A bill filed in the state legislature would create a pilot program in select Florida school districts. It would give principals of "low-performing schools" more power to make decisions for their schools.
- According to Bay District school officials, FSA results will be available to students and parents via Parent Portal by Friday morning. Those same officials said scores won't directly affect students, but they do make a difference for teacher evaluations and school grades.
- On Wednesday the Florida Department of Education is expected to release the Florida Standards Assessment scores from the spring. The test results will not directly affect students but will impact teachers and schools grades which has superintendents across the state fuming.
- During Tuesday's Bay District school board meeting, the board approved some changes to the district's insurance policy. Representatives with the district's consulting firm said the new method will lower premiums.
- School districts around the country have been working to better secure schools. But some of the hardest places to secure aren't playgrounds or classrooms. Now Bay County security officials are turning their attention online.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.
Public File Liaison:
Station Contact Info:
8195 Front Beach Road Panama City Beach, FL 32407 Station: 850-234-7777 News: 850-230-5221 Fax: 850-233-6647