Local School Headlines
Sneads High School Cafeteria to Re-Open Soon
- Sneads High School's renovated cafeteria is just weeks from re-opening, providing students with more space.
Local Students React to Free Community College Tuition Proposal
- President Obama's State of the Union address shed some light on some of his recent proposals, such as two years of free community college tuition.
School Board Tackles Overcrowding in Beach Schools
- Dropping off and picking up your child from school can be a hassle, especially when traffic's backed up. Bay District School Board members are tackling one cause of the issue: Overcrowding in beach schools.
District Recognizes Students with Perfect FCAT Scores
- Despite some big changes to Florida testing this year, the Bay District School Board recognized students who earned two perfect FCAT scores last spring at Tuesday's meeting.
Kindergarten Registration Opens Monday
- Registration for kindergarten (no other grades) for the 2015-2016 school year will begin Monday, January 12, 2015.
School Testing Still Causing Concern
- Testing, or over testing, in the state has many parents, teachers, and lawmakers concerned.
New Testing Concerns
- Testing or over testing in the state has many parents, teachers, and lawmakers concerned. In the digital learning age, some legislators are calling for a slow down, and a return to the old ways.
Bay District Schools Open Thursday
- Bay District Schools will remain open Thursday despite freezing temperatures.
Parents and District Officials Prepare for Standardized Testing Season
- On the other side of winter break, testing season is looming. And some district officials and parents admit they're nervous about the new Florida Standards Assessments
Grades Drop in Bay County High Schools
- Grades rolled in to Florida high schools this week, and they took a considerable dive. The Florida Department of Education says it's part of raising standards. But some Bay District Schools officials don't think this year's grades reflect the improvement many schools have made.
More Local School Headlines