PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. (WJHG/WECP) - Arrow Exterminators, a local pest and termite control company, says not all insects are bad.
“While our primary focus is protecting our customers from the very real threats that pests pose to both health and property, it is important to remember that there are many beneficial insects that improve our quality of life as well," Charlie Jones, an Arrow Pest Expert, said in a press release.
1. Ladybugs top the list. Some say the they bring good luck, but they help keep real pests out of your garden.
2. Fireflies use their soft glow to attract new mates, and of course many collect them on warm summer nights.
3. Dragonflies have been around for millions of years and help control the mosquito population.
4. Crickets are considered rather romantic. Only male crickets chirp. As they look for the perfect mate, they have an orchestra of sounds to attract females and repel other males. After successfully mating, they will chirp a song of celebration.
5. Honeybees are social critters and produce a sweet treat. They pollinate beautiful flowers and more than 100 different crops across the United States, including apples, squash, soybeans, and nuts.