Family safe after fire destroys Callaway home

CALLAWAY, Fla. (WJHG/WECP) - A Callaway family is safe after a fire destroyed a Winona Street home just before midnight Monday morning.

Callaway fire officials say they aren't sure yet how the fire started, but the home is a total loss after propane tanks in the garage exploded.

They say two adults and one child were in the home when the fire started, but they escaped and have been taken to the hospital as a precaution to be treated for smoke inhalation.