PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. (WJHG/WECP) - Most dads would enjoy a home cooked meal for Father's Day. Husband and wife team Guillermo and Danielle Dovalina stopped by the studio for some simple, yet delicious meal ideas using local ingredients.
Check out the recipe below.
Dovalina’s Classic Surf & Turf with Cowboy Steak & Tequila - Lime Shrimp
¼ bunch thyme
¼ bunch rosemary
4 garlic cloves
One 2 lb cowboy steak
2 oz unsalted butter
6 raw jumbo local bay shrimp, shelled, deveined with tail on
2 cloves garlic
1/2 lime, juiced
2oz unsalted butter
1 shot of Tequila
1. Bring cowboy steak to room temperature for around one hour before firing. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Season steak well with salt & pepper. Heat cast iron skillet to smoke point with vegetable oil. In a flaming hot cast iron skillet and oil, cook steak on high heat to sear all sides.
3. Top the beef with thyme, rosemary, garlic & butter. Transfer the skillet to the oven.
4. Roast the steak in the oven about 15 mins.
5. In a large saucepan, combine shrimp, garlic, salt & pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes, then deglaze with one shot of Tequila. (When you deglaze, you are adding liquid to loosen and dissolve browned food residue (fond) & add flavor. After the Tequila has cooked off, take off heat and finish with lime juice and butter.