Mishap at Home Burns North Bay County Youngster

Local doctors have airlifted a ten year old boy to the burn unit at the University of Alabama Birmingham Medical Center.

Authorities say the child suffered severe burns after backing into a propane space heater at his Youngstown home at 11,607 Scott Road shortly before 6 p.m. Monday evening.

The boys shirt caught on fire and he was critically burned.

Bay County Sheriff's deputies say he was conscious and talking when they arrived at his home.

He was taken first to a local hospital where doctors made the call to send him to Birmingham.