Fire Damages Area Triplex

An area home is still standing thanks to a quick response by the Lynn Haven Fire Department.

Part of a triplex at 2423 Johnson Drive caught on fire Tuesday afternoon. Fire officials think the blaze was started by kids playing with firecrackers in the back of the home.

There was little damage inside the triplex, but the same could not be said for the rear corner of the house. The flames were so hot that the siding on the house next door was melted.

Luckily there are no reports of any injuries. Damages estimates are not complete at this time, but it was considerable at one of the units.