Investigators are calling Thursday morning's fire at a Panama City Beach condo project suspicious.
The small fire started on a stove on the 14th floor of the Boardwalk Beach Resort construction site.
Nearby workers heard the smoke alarm going off and called 9-1-1. Beach firefighters had the flames under control in minutes, then called beach police and the state fire marshal to investigate.
"Just the fact that the unit was under construction and it's just rare to have something brand new that there would be a faulty problem with it."
The fire caused about $2,000 in damage.