Southport Fire

By: Alana Adams
By: Alana Adams

A late morning fire in Southport destroys a woman's home while she was at work.

Firefighters from several Bay County stations responded immediately to the fire at 11:45 Sunday morning on Grassy Point Road in Southport. Officials say the fire most likely started because of an electrical short in the woman's bedroom or adjoining bathroom.

The fire was quickly controlled to prevent it spreading into the nearby woods or other homes.

Dale Gatti just moved into the neighborhood a month ago. He says he saw flames coming from his neighbor’s home and hoped she wasn't home.

"I saw the smoke from the fire and we came running and just about that time. We saw the fire engines coming down the street and the next thing you know you see how it ended up."

Officials say no one was injured in the fire and even a house cat escaped the blaze with no injury.


8195 Front Beach Road Panama City Beach, FL 32407 Station: 850-234-7777 News: 850-230-5221 Fax: 850-233-6647 FCC Form 398
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 1317216 - wjhg.com/a?a=1317216
Gray Television, Inc.