Investigators say a fire, which destroyed a doublewide mobile home on the east end of Panama City Beach Wednesday night, was accidental and caused by an electrical problem.
The home on Jay Street just off North Lagoon Drive went up in flames around 8 p.m. Wednesday. There were two adults, two children and a couple of family pets at home at the time. All of them escaped unharmed.
At several points the flames were at least 20 feet ion the air and despite quick action by firefighters, the flames were too hot and too fast. The home was destroyed.
The State Fire Marshal’s office told NewsChannel Seven it appeared some type of electrical short started the fire and it was believed to have been accidental.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.