A morning cup of coffee turned into a very serious accident for one family at Panama City Beach Thursday morning.
Now, an 11-month-old baby is in a Panama City hospital with serious burns.
A hot cup of coffee on the breakfast table may not seem like a safety hazard, but it can be more dangerous than you think.
Late Thursday morning a single mother from Russia poured herself a cup of coffee at her apartment on Kalapula Street at Panama City Beach. Her 11-month-old son Boris accidentally reached up, spilling the hot liquid all over himself.
The mother's roommate, also from Russia, was in the bathroom at the time and ran to help when she heard the boy screaming.
The women called for help and paramedics took the youngster to a local hospital.
Boris, who is 11 months old, will celebrate his first birthday next week.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.