No One Hurt in Monday Fire

Someone using a stove to keep warm Monday morning caused a fire that destroyed four apartments and left six people without a home.

The fire broke out a little after 7 a.m. Monday morning in the 3400 block of East Business Highway 98 in Springfield.

It took crews from Springfield, Callaway and Hiland Park to get the fire under control.

Investigators tell NewsChannel Seven someone using a stove to heat their home is the cause the blaze.

The state fire marshal's office reminds you not to leave anything unattended while cooking and not to use your stove to heat your home, because that can be a fire hazard.

Four apartments were destroyed in the Mo0nday blaze. Luckily, no one was injured.


8195 Front Beach Road Panama City Beach, FL 32407 Station: 850-234-7777 News: 850-230-5221 Fax: 850-233-6647 FCC Form 398
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 2117827 - wjhg.com/a?a=2117827
Gray Television, Inc.