Blast Injures Niceville Man

NICEVILLE, Fla There was no fire, but a Niceville man was severely injured Sunday afternoon when a 55- gallon drum filled with solvent exploded while he was trying to open it.

The Niceville Fire Department says the man, whose identity isn’t be released yet, was cutting the top of the large drum when it blew up on him.

He was working on a project at his home on Everglades Drive around 3 P.M. when the drum exploded with a quick flash.

The victim’s arms and abdomen were severely burned and he was life-flighted to a hospital in Pensacola.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus