Scalding Lawsuit

The parents of a local girl, badly burned at a beach daycare, have filed a lawsuit.

Sonia Vega filed the lawsuit against Kids' Best, Inc and National Daycare Centers.

Vega claims the daycare and its workers are responsible for burning her daughter Yalena Mousadakos on May 25 of last year.

According to reports, workers had place the girl, who was eight-month-old at the time, in a crib. Right above the crib was a crock pot used to boil baby bottles.

The child apparently pulled the crock pot of hot water onto herself. She suffered serious burns, but has recovered.

No word on the amount of damages Vega is seeking.

The owners closed Kid's Best Daycare on Thomas Drive shortly after the incident.