As these dry conditions continue, counties around the panhandle are on constant alert for the outbreak of the next wildfire.
Captain Chuck Sawyer, Jackson County Fire Marshal, said, "Trash fire got out of hand and burned an unoccupied trailer down."
Jackson County officials are trying to avoid this scenario from being the norm.
"We have declared that is in a state of emergency with the dry conditions we've experienced over the last month."
The county passed the no burn ordinance at Tuesday's board meeting. That means no burning trash piles or outside open flames of any type, but you backyard chefs don't have to change your weekend plans just yet.
"We have allowed for gas grills and charcoal grills because they're in a steel container and mostly supervised at all times."
The ordinance is in effect for 120 days unless commissioners revoke the ban. For right now, that means no fireworks on the 4th of July.
"My yard right now when you walk across it, it crunches it's so dry. So a no burn ordinance would be great so that we don't have any problem with people causing fires."
But whether it's law or not, some folks will still do their own thing.
It looks like not everybody in Jackson County is obeying the burn ban. This trash fire was lit just two days after the ordinance was passed. According to the ordinance, violating the burn ban will result in a second degree felony.
Jackson is not the first county in our area to take action because of the dry conditions. Bay and Walton Counties already have burn bans, and Washington is expected to put the issue to a vote in their upcoming county commission meeting.