Weekend House Fires Destroy Two Homes

The State Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating a Springfield house fire which may have started under suspicious circumstances.

No one was at home at the time and investigators believe the fire may have started in the laundry room area around 4:30 Sunday afternoon.

The home and its contents were listed as a total loss. No one was at home at the time.

The local chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting the burned out family with food, shelter and basic necessities.

Meanwhile, an accidental kitchen fire has left a Bayou George woman homeless.

The fire happened Saturday night around 8 p.m. at the home of Barbara Bouington on Littleton Road. She wasn’t home when the fire started.

Her next-door neighbor discovered the fire. He says he saw smoke but initially thought it was just a bon fire. When he went outside, he says he saw flames coming out of the roof of her home. He quickly called 9-1-1, before calling Bouington to tell her the devastating news.

The blaze, which started in the kitchen area, was ruled accidental.

The Bay County Sheriff s Office, county fire departments, and the American Red Cross all responded to the fire.


8195 Front Beach Road Panama City Beach, FL 32407 Station: 850-234-7777 News: 850-230-5221 Fax: 850-233-6647
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 3408436 - wjhg.com/a?a=3408436
Gray Television, Inc.