The Springfield and Callaway Fire Departments were called to the plant at around 9 a.m. this morning to help put out a fire.
Authorities say the small fire started in one of the plant's vaporizer units, causing some damage. No one was injured, and the fire was quickly contained.
The unit is currently shut down and water has been put on the systems to cool them down.
Charlie Snelling with Arizona Chemical said, "It was in one of our vaporizer units, part of one of our processes. It is actually a heat transfer chemical that we use in one of our processes, which ignited. Our emergency responders internally appropriately responded and put the fire out. We also called the Springfield and Callaway Fire Departments to assist in that."
Authorities are still investigating what caused the fire. Arizona Chemical is a leading global supplier of pine chemicals. Its products are used to help make fragrances, household cleaners, soaps, inks, paints, and much more.