A Wall Plug Electrical Short Blamed for Another Local Fire

A two-story home in the Saint Andrew area at 9th Street and Calhoun Avenue went up in flames shortly after midnight Tuesday.

By the time fire crews arrived, flames were shooting from the second floor and the attic.

The home’s owner, Penelope Bledsoe, had to be treated for cuts after breaking her way out of an upper floor window. Neighbors propped a ladder against the house to help Bledsoe to the ground to escape from the fire.

The home is listed as a total loss. It’s the 2nd local house to burn down in 24 hours because of a short in an electric wall plug.

Just Sunday night a similar fire destroyed a home in the 900 block of Sherman Ave in Millville. Both blazes have been classified as accidental.


8195 Front Beach Road Panama City Beach, FL 32407 Station: 850-234-7777 News: 850-230-5221 Fax: 850-233-6647 FCC Form 398
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 4899931 - wjhg.com/a?a=4899931
Gray Television, Inc.