Restaurant Fire

By: Mike Tolbert
By: Mike Tolbert

The fire happened around 1:20 Monday morning at Nick’s On the Beach. The popular restaurant sits on County Road 30-A near Blue Mountain Beach.

Authorities say rags sitting in a plastic container probably contained cooking oils and other chemicals. They believe the chemicals mixed, sparking a fire that gutted the entire kitchen.

No one was hurt, but the restaurant remains closed due to smoke and heat damage.

Officials estimate the damage at more than $375,000.


8195 Front Beach Road Panama City Beach, FL 32407 Station: 850-234-7777 News: 850-230-5221 Fax: 850-233-6647 FCC Form 398
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 847172