A home at 649 Harmon Avenue in Panama City went up in flames about 4 a.m. Wednesday morning.
Investigators with the Panama City Fire Department say Vincent Harris, the homeowner, bought some scented candles to help get rid of the smell of a next-door neighbor's house fire, which happened Tuesday morning.
Fire officials think one of the candles caught a piece of furniture on fire and caused the Wednesday morning blaze, destroying the inside of the home.
Three people inside at the time of the fire got out unhurt.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.