Fire Coincidence - Two Neighbors Houses Burn 24 Hours Apart

A home at 649 Harmon Avenue in Panama City went up in flames about 4 a.m. Wednesday morning.

Investigators with the Panama City Fire Department say Vincent Harris, the homeowner, bought some scented candles to help get rid of the smell of a next-door neighbor's house fire, which happened Tuesday morning.

Fire officials think one of the candles caught a piece of furniture on fire and caused the Wednesday morning blaze, destroying the inside of the home.

Three people inside at the time of the fire got out unhurt.