Callaway Mobile Home Fire Sparked by Space Heater

CALLAWAY - Fire investigators now say the cause of a fire that gutted an East Callaway Heights mobile home Wednesday morning appears to have been accidental.

The fire started about 5:30 Wednesday morning at a home on Dogwood Way.

A woman, her 2 young children and her father were inside when the flames sparked.

Paramedics took all 4 people to the hospital for treatment.

Officials say one is being treated for smoke inhalation.

Friday the State Fire Marshal's Office says fire started in a rear bedroom, mostly likely accused by a space heater.

The fire re-ignited twice on Wednesday and again Thursday morning.

Fire Marshals are still investigating.


8195 Front Beach Road Panama City Beach, FL 32407 Station: 850-234-7777 News: 850-230-5221 Fax: 850-233-6647 FCC Form 398
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 236813841 - wjhg.com/a?a=236813841