E-Cigarette Explodes in Victim's Mouth

SANTA ROSA BEACH-- A man in the Miramar Beach area was taken to the hospital for significant facial trauma after an e-cigarette he was smoking exploded in his mouth.

South Walton Fire Department crews were called to the scene and quickly transported the victim to Sacred Heart on the Emerald Coast.

According to first responders, the patient was listed in critical condition and later air transferred out of state to an advanced care facility.

The Food and Drug Administration says e-cigarettes have not been fully studied and existing dangers are uncertain.

For more information regarding e-cigarettes, visit http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/PublicHealthFocus/ucm172906.htm