Michigan Spring Breaker Dies

By  | 

The first Spring Break death of 2013 occurred early Thursday morning at Raccoon River Campground in Panama City Beach.

"We had a young individual from the state of Michigan that was having some complications, his friend called 911, said he was having a hard time breathing, was unresponsive," recalled Panama City Beach Police Chief, Drew Whitman.

Police responded to Raccoon River Campground around 9:00 Wednesday night where they found 20 year old Kyle Lamb of Potterville, Michigan unresponsive.

He was taken to Bay Medical Center/Sacred Heart where he died 4 hours later.

Panama City Beach Police believe Lamb, a Lansing Community College student, died from an apparent alcohol overdose. No foul play is suspected.

"This time of the year, we always see increases in alcohol related incidences and injuries," said Kevin Groves, MD, an emergency physician at Bay Medical/Sacred Heart. "It's spring break. There's tons of colleges that have let their students out for spring and they come down here and have a good time, which we always want. But invariably, there's always a few that overdo it with the alcohol."

Lamb was here with a Spring Break group from Michigan which was staying at Raccoon River Campground on Middle Beach Road.