Morning Fire Damages Lorado Avenue Home

Residents of a home on Lorado Avenue narrowly escaped injury when their house caught fire Thursday morning.

The fire started shortly after 8:30 when the owner of the house attempted to start his recently acquired used riding lawnmower.

The mower blew up and threw him off.

After unsuccessful attempts to put out the fire, his wife called 911 .

Units from Bay County Fire and Rescue and Springfield Fire Departments responded .

The owner was not injured and all members of the family escaped safely.

The home suffered extensive damaged.