New Year’s Eve Fire Destroys Destin Home

Crews are still clearing debris from a house on Indian Bayou Drive in Destin that caught fire New Year’s Eve.

The fire started around 9 Tuesday evening, according to Destin Fire Chief Kevin Sasser.

The family was home at the time watching fireworks.

Sasser believes sparks from the fireworks hit some pine straw around the family’s home, causing it to catch fire.

One non-profit group is lending out a helping hand.

"We just want to help any way we can. We understand the family is ok, they own the home,” said Sean Miller, Co-found of Blessings For. “ But then again Blessings For is no matter how small or big if you need prayers or a shoulder to cry on, it is just us trying to bring the community to your family and let you know there are people here that care, and we will help wherever needed."

The family was not available for comment.


8195 Front Beach Road Panama City Beach, FL 32407 Station: 850-234-7777 News: 850-230-5221 Fax: 850-233-6647 FCC Form 398
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 238516311