- Florida Department of Transportation officials have narrowed their choices for a major highway project. Of the five possible routes for the Gulf Coast Parkway, they say they prefer the one that will pass directly through the city of Callaway.
- Parents say they're disappointed County Commissioners tabled the issue at Tuesday’s commission meeting.
Parents and coaches say the current facilities are overcrowded and inadequate.
- Scrapping the state’s retirement system isn’t on the table, but defaulting workers into an investment plan is gaining support. Many are worried change could push the current system into collapse.
- Legislation to allow local government to ban the use of plastic bags in supermarkets got a surprise hearing at the Capitol today. It was doomed from the beginning because of a ten cent bag fee, but the hearing itself was a message about the future.
- The Mossy Head Industrial Park in Walton County sat vacant for 10 years before landing its first tenant last year.
One has now grown into six and county officials say they have room for a whole lot more.
- An Air Force officer is thanking the community for helping his family while he deployed for six months. Lt. Colonel Michael Hagan has returned home from a deployment to Afghanistan.
- Hundreds of teens from around the state heard firsthand what can happen to families when they drive drunk or distracted. One lawmaker wants to send you away for 30 years if you kill someone while texting.
- Florida's minimum wage sits at $7.93 an hour. But Democrats are pushing for and increase to just over 10 bucks. Some members of the legislature are going to extremes to prove their point.