General Purpose of Position:
WJHG/WECP is looking for a hard-working, self-motivated and creative individual to join our professional broadcast team as a Weekend Director. The candidate must be able to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, nights, weekends and holidays. Must have some television experience at least at the Production Assistant level; would prefer Directing and/or Master Control experience. Basic working knowledge of PC’s and Adobe Photoshop is necessary.
This position will involve Directing our weekend evening newscasts, a live religious broadcast on Sunday mornings as well as acting as a Production Assistant and fill-in Director on weekdays and assisting other departments within the station on an as-needed basis.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Direct live and pre-recorded productions.
• Require skill with Ross Switcher, Deko 1000 software, manual studio camera operation and audio board operation as well as Final Cut Pro/Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop and all supporting equipment in Production/Master Control.
• Work with Avid I-News computer system.
• Understanding of all equipment in studio and production areas.
• Work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands.
• Training of new personnel as assigned.
• Assist Operations Manager in maintaining clean studios and production areas.
• Variable work schedule due to changing shifts, turnover, station projects, etc.
• Great communication and people skills.
• Newscast Directing, Master Control or experience as a Production Assistant.
• Operating knowledge of PC’s and graphics computers.
• Pre-employment drug screening.
• Employable I9 documentation.
• Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
• Ability to carry moderately heavy equipment, cameras, tripods, monitors of up to approximately 50 pounds.
• May be working in extreme weather conditions, heat or cold.
• Potential exposure to high noise or unusual light levels.
• Ability to work on lighting fixtures using a ladder.
• Work schedule will vary due to Production/Operation demands, or possible permanent schedule changes.
• Work assignments will at times include morning, evenings, weekends, holidays, and out-of-town assignments.
Job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of management.
Those interested in applying for this part-time position should contact Jon McKee at 850-230-5278 for more information.
8195 Front Beach Road
Panama City Beach, Florida