Bay Medical Headlines
- When compared with the rest of the nation, per capita Northwest Florida has a tremendous amount of sinus disease.
If those problems begin to affect your daily routine, most often the answer is surgery.
In the past that meant at least a day in the hospital and a long recovery time,
Now an alternative is being offered in Bay County that can be done right in the doctor’s office.
St. Andrew Medical Clinic Gets Big Boost From BMC Auxiliary
- Budget cuts had some wondering if a free medical clinic here in Bay County would survive into the next year.
Improved Cardiac Surgery Methods at Bay Medical with daVinci
- Heart surgery patients in our area can now avoid the pain of conventional open heart procedures.
Local Doctor Calls Neurological Disease an Epidemic
- Panama City- NewsChannel 7 reported Monday about a local five year old little boy suffering from a condition called hydrocephalus or water on the brain. Unfortunately it appears he's not the only one in our area suffering from the neroulogical disease. In fact, one local doctor called it an epidemic.
Cervical Fusion Helps Patient Get Life Back
- Whiplash is a common injury after accidents like car crashes. For most, the pain usually goes away with proper treatment. For those who can't seem to find relief, two local doctors may have come up with a solution. One has a unique x-ray machine; the other uses the results from that machine during surgery.
Bay Medical Designated Level Two Trauma Center
- When there's an accident with severe injuries, getting help quickly is the key to survival.
In the past patients in our area were usually life flighted to Pensacola or Tallahassee to a hospital that specializes in treating trauma patients.
That's no longer the case.
Hip Replacement Goes Back To The Future
- In the 1950's surgeons used what is called the Smith-Peterson approach for hip replacement.
It provided a great view of the hip but surgeons had to cut through muscle which meant a long recovery time.
Recently the anterior hip procedure was improved and one local orthopedic surgeon is happy to see its revival.
Heart Health Month is for both Men and Women
- Earlier this month we had Go Red for Women day, where you were encouraged to wear red to bring attention to women's heart health issues. But with February being heart health month we believe you can't get the message out often enough.
New artificial disk procedure helping people with neck and back injuries
- A local doctor is now performing a new surgical technique that could help the millions of people suffering from neck and back pain. The new procedure repairs cervical spine damages. NewsChannel 7's Erica Rakow tells us about one of the first patients to undergo the surgery.
A Race Against the Clock: Surviving a Heart Attack
- If it happens to you, would you be able to live to tell about it? It depends on more than just your health. We'll take a look at the best-and-worst places to have a heart emergency and hear from one family who is turning their tragedy into a life-saving campaign.
More Bay Medical Headlines