Bay Medical Headlines
Working Miracles: Acting fast during a stroke saves lives
- One local woman recently suffered a massive stroke, but her outcome is being called miraculous. Doctors say in addition to divine intervention, it was quick thinking that saved her life.
Bay Medical Center Talks Cardio and Heart Health
- Elaine Greig, the supervisor of CardiPulmonary Rehab at Bay Medical Center visited NewsChannel 7's Noon Show Tuesday.
New Technique to open Completely Blocked Ateries
- A local hospital is using new technology to treat patients with totally blocked arteries.
It does not require open heart surgery.
And with 60% of chronic total occlusion patients unable to receive surgery, this new technique is the perfect fit.
New Technology Finds Lung Cancer Tumors Earlier
- It used to be that a lung cancer diagnosis was a death sentence, but that's not the case today, as doctors have made huge gains in treatment and more importantly diagnosis. Bay Medical Sacred Heart is one of two hospitals in the state using a new lung cancer detection system that can find stage 1 tumors.
- When compared with the rest of the nation, per capita Northwest Florida has a tremendous amount of sinus disease.
If those problems begin to affect your daily routine, most often the answer is surgery.
In the past that meant at least a day in the hospital and a long recovery time,
Now an alternative is being offered in Bay County that can be done right in the doctor’s office.
St. Andrew Medical Clinic Gets Big Boost From BMC Auxiliary
- Budget cuts had some wondering if a free medical clinic here in Bay County would survive into the next year.
Improved Cardiac Surgery Methods at Bay Medical with daVinci
- Heart surgery patients in our area can now avoid the pain of conventional open heart procedures.
Local Doctor Calls Neurological Disease an Epidemic
- Panama City- NewsChannel 7 reported Monday about a local five year old little boy suffering from a condition called hydrocephalus or water on the brain. Unfortunately it appears he's not the only one in our area suffering from the neroulogical disease. In fact, one local doctor called it an epidemic.
Cervical Fusion Helps Patient Get Life Back
- Whiplash is a common injury after accidents like car crashes. For most, the pain usually goes away with proper treatment. For those who can't seem to find relief, two local doctors may have come up with a solution. One has a unique x-ray machine; the other uses the results from that machine during surgery.
Bay Medical Designated Level Two Trauma Center
- When there's an accident with severe injuries, getting help quickly is the key to survival.
In the past patients in our area were usually life flighted to Pensacola or Tallahassee to a hospital that specializes in treating trauma patients.
That's no longer the case.
More Bay Medical Headlines