Updated: 9:47 PM
- Destin City Officials have mixed feelings about their deal to prevent the opening of a topless nightclub.
They paid the nightclub promoter more than $2 million to drop the plans.
Some say the money could have been better spent elsewhere.
Updated: 8:52 PM
- State officials estimate about 50% of Florida's high school students will not qualify for Bright Futures scholarships this year. Bay County school officials say that number should also hold true locally.
Posted: 4:27 PM
- Legislation protecting an unborn fetus is on its way to the Governor. The legislation was inspired by a Tampa woman who was given an abortion inducing drug disguised as an anti-biotic. Watching the legislation was an emotional experience.
Updated: 8:46 PM
- A bill banning e cigarettes to minors almost went up in smoke thanks to big tobacco flexing their muscle. Cities, counties, and anti-tobacco advocates were concerned they’d have local power taken away.
Updated: 6:57 AM
- Walton County Commissioners are at odds over funding for a proposed sports complex in South Walton.
One commissioner wants to use TDC funds and reach out to tourists.
Another feels the facility should be for residents.