Man Found Dead Near Gasoline Powered Generator in Panhandle Home

A man is found dead near a gasoline powered generator in a Panhandle home.

Police say Franklin Hovell was found dead by his son-in-law at about 11:10 a.m. Tuesday. An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.

Meanwhile, 55-year-old West Pensacola man died late Sunday from carbon monoxide poisoning from a generator.

Officials say 21 cases of carbon monoxide poisoning have been reported at local hospitals since Hurricane Dennis hit the Florida Panhandle on Sunday.

County health officials warn that opening doors and windows or using fans will not prevent a buildup of carbon monoxide if generators or other gas-powered equipment are used indoors.

Florida officials reported just one carbon monoxide fatality after Hurricane Ivan struck the Panhandle last year.


8195 Front Beach Road Panama City Beach, FL 32407 Station: 850-234-7777 News: 850-230-5221 Fax: 850-233-6647 FCC Form 398
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 1689562 - wjhg.com/a?a=1689562