Someone using a stove to keep warm Monday morning caused a fire that destroyed four apartments and left six people without a home.
The fire broke out a little after 7 a.m. Monday morning in the 3400 block of East Business Highway 98 in Springfield.
It took crews from Springfield, Callaway and Hiland Park to get the fire under control.
Investigators tell NewsChannel Seven someone using a stove to heat their home is the cause the blaze.
The state fire marshal's office reminds you not to leave anything unattended while cooking and not to use your stove to heat your home, because that can be a fire hazard.
Four apartments were destroyed in the Mo0nday blaze. Luckily, no one was injured.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.