Cedar Grove Fire

Authorities are blaming a candle for a Wednesday afternoon fire which ripped through an eastside home.

Titus Paul and Stephanie Anderson lost everything in the fire at their home at 1605 Sherman Ave in Cedar Grove.

Anderson says she lit a candle in the back bedroom, then returned a few minutes later to find the comforter on fire. She tried to put it out but the fire was getting out of control.

Firefighters entered the home to put out the blaze at the source but had to pull out when the flaming roof began to cave in.

The good news is no one was hurt. The State Fire Marshal's Office is investigating.

8195 Front Beach Road Panama City Beach, FL 32407 Station: 850-234-7777 News: 850-230-5221 Fax: 850-233-6647
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 2281576 - wjhg.com/a?a=2281576
Gray Television, Inc.