Although no one was injured, there isn't much left in the ruins of what used to be one family's home.
Springfield Fire Department responded within three minutes, but they were unable to save the burning trailer. Within 15 minutes, Miranda Aldrich lost everything inside her home.
She says the fire started because of a bad electrical socket in her son's bedroom. Aldrich's one-year-old son was sleeping in her room, and when her roommate noticed the fire, she says if it weren’t for him, they wouldn't have survived the blaze.
Aldrich is relying on friends and family who are helping to provide clothing and food.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.