Vernon- An early morning fire in destroyed a mobile home on Park Place Circle Friday. The renters, Mary Blakey and Larry Redhouser were inside with Blakey's daughter and the family's two dogs. The three had just moved into the home less than a week ago.
Everyone was able to make it outside, but not without injury. Redhouser suffered severe burns to his hands. He was sent to the hospital in Bonifay before being air lifted to one in Georgia.
Though the cause of the fire has not yet been confirmed, Vernon Volunteer Fire Chief, Matt Gothard said they think it was an electrical fire that started in the outlet behind Blakey's daughter's bed. Allegedly, it was the heat from the fire that woke her up.
Redhouser's employer, Steve Nichols, owner of Florida Lawn and Land Management said, the family lost everything but the pajama's they were wearing. The area Red Cross chapter is providing the family with a place to stay for the next week and some clothing. But as Nichols told us, the family's in great need.
To find out how you can help, contact the Central Panhandle Chapter of the Red Cross at: 850-763-6587