Residents of a home on Lorado Avenue narrowly escaped injury when their house caught fire Thursday morning.
The fire started shortly after 8:30 when the owner of the house attempted to start his recently acquired used riding lawnmower.
The mower blew up and threw him off.
After unsuccessful attempts to put out the fire, his wife called 911 .
Units from Bay County Fire and Rescue and Springfield Fire Departments responded .
The owner was not injured and all members of the family escaped safely.
The home suffered extensive damaged.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.