Two Area Residents Die in 10 PM Sunday Traffic Crash

A two vehicle traffic crash over the weekend killed two people on Interstate 10 near Bonifay in Holmes County.

The Florida Highway Patrol identified the fatalities as 53 year old James Long of Alford and 46 year old Rita Ann Carpenter of Dothan.

The head on crash happened when Long drove his van on the wrong side of the interstate and crashed head on into Carpenter’s car.

Troopers say both drivers were pronounced dead at the scene.

• by Gary Location: Panama City on May 17, 2012 at 03:48 AM
    Does anyone know why James Long drove his van on the wrong side of the Interstate and crashed head-on into Rita Carpenter’s car?
  • by Lance Edwards Location: graceville florida on May 15, 2012 at 01:10 AM
    James was a good friend and a very generous and loving guy. It is a tough time for both families and through it all just know that alot of thoughts and prayers are there for you and and One thing to always remember is they are in a better place. Any relative of James could you plz email me at ledothan@aol.com.
  • by Brenda on May 14, 2012 at 08:32 PM
    James was my son in laws father an my granson gpaw an he was loved an cherished bye his family an frienda an we will cherish our moments together with him. We would like to thank you for trying to help them both. An we pray he find peace an happyness an god has a new angle. We love you James so much.
  • by Terri Werning on May 14, 2012 at 05:47 PM
    I will miss the smile on your face and laughter you always brought to everyone around you! I love you my dear sweet cousin.
  • by Courtini Location: Smith on May 14, 2012 at 12:30 PM
    Ms. Rita was like a second momma to me. When I heard the news this morning I had to rewind and make sure it was my Rita. You will be missed. I love you so much.
  • by Anonymous on May 14, 2012 at 09:29 AM
    I will miss you and Love you Always!! She was an awesome Cousin and friend. God has another Angel today! I am so Happy we were close again and will forever cherish our moments together. God just couldn't wait to have your laughter in Heavan.
  • by Pam Location: DFS, FL on May 14, 2012 at 07:41 AM
    RITA WAS A BEAUTIFUL PERSON TO KNOW INSIDE AND OUT BY ALL WHO KNEW HER. SHE WAS A VERY DEDICATED EMPLOYEE AND CARED MUCH ABOUT HER PATIENTS. SHE WAS NOT ONLY MY CO-WORKER BUT INDEED A VERY DEAR FRIEND. SHE WILL BE FOREVER MISSED AND IN ALL OF OUR HEARTS. MAY GOD ENDOW PEACE GRACE MERCY AND COMFORT TO HER FAMILY AND FRIENDS . . .
      by Shelly Holton on May 14, 2012 at 08:35 AM in reply to Pam
      I am So sorry for your Loss I did not Know Rita But My husband witnessed the accident last night and it has been on his mind ever since he called me in distraut he Helped to try to save both Victims and there was nothing he could do. My heart Goes out to the Family.
        by Regi on May 14, 2012 at 09:31 AM in reply to Shelly Holton
        Tell him we appreciate his efforts and let him know that she is at Peace with her Savior. May God ease his mind and send him releif. It does my heart good to know that someone was there when we couldn't be. Thank him for us and we also will prayer for his troubled mind to have a more calming image.
        by Courtini on May 14, 2012 at 12:32 PM in reply to Shelly Holton
        Tell your husband I say thank you for trying to save her. She means a lot to me and my mom. Does he know if she died instantly? I only ask because I hope she didn't suffer.
        by Nicole on May 14, 2012 at 02:11 PM in reply to Shelly Holton
        James was my father and I just wanted to comment to tell you and your husband thank you, for attempting to help them both. It is very appreciated. I hope that he is able to find peace with what he's been through.
      by Renee on May 14, 2012 at 12:43 PM in reply to Pam
      To the Holton family, thank you for for trying to save their lifes. God knew it was their time though. May God ease the mind of your husband. God bless him for his efforts.
      by Terri on May 14, 2012 at 05:13 PM in reply to Pam
      Thank you Pam for those kind words about Rita..all of them true. She is my cousin and older than me by 6 years. as a young girl and teenager I always looked up to her, wanted to be like her. I will miss her wonderful sense of humor and the easy way she made everyone laugh until their face hurt. RIP Rita...love you! Give Grannie a kiss from me.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 151355585 - wjhg.com/a?a=151355585