Boyd campaigns at Eastern Shipbuilding's shipyard

By: Erica Rakow Email
By: Erica Rakow Email

Panama City-- With election day just one day away, U.S. Congressman Allen Boyd hit the pavement in Bay County Monday.

Boyd spent part of his last day campaigning at Eastern Shipbuilding's shipyard in Panama City.

He talked briefly with employees about his plans to bring more jobs to the county. Boyd says he chose to spend his afternoon at the shipyard because Eastern Shipbuilding is a major employer in Bay county and an example of what Bay county needs to develop economically.

"President of Eastern Shipbuilding invited me over to come and have lunch with some of his employees and talk about the election so I think that's an excellent place to do it so I’m delighted to be over here amongst these folks who obviously are building something for America," said Boyd.

Boyd is headed home to Tallahassee where he will be on election day.

• by local Location: PC on Nov 3, 2010 at 04:50 AM
    Let's just hope Steve has the fortitude to not transform into one of those worthless politicians up in Washington.
  • by joe Location: pcb on Nov 2, 2010 at 09:13 PM
    Tyrell, you sound like a smart young man. I hope you will adopt some good conservative values and take responsibility for your own future. Don't wait for a government handout and make yourself a slave to the liberal agenda. You have the freedom to chose your own destiny in life. Work hard but smart, provide for your family, and fight for your right to live in a country free from socialist tyranny. Good luck young man from an old codger who fought so you could live free and pursue happiness.
  • by Nunya Location: FL on Nov 2, 2010 at 07:02 PM
    WOO HOO!!!! Just heard Southerland is replacing Boyd... Thank you good people of this district!!!!!
  • by Joe Location: pcb on Nov 2, 2010 at 06:45 PM
    Thank goodness, Boyd has been defeated. Now Steve Southerland, it is time for you to go to Washington and take our Country back from the Socialist. We expect fiscal responsibility, conservative values, and less taxes. Get our economy working again.
  • by anon on Nov 2, 2010 at 06:40 PM
    ALRIGHT!!!HE'S OUT. I GUESS HE KNOWS NOW HOW THE PEOPLE FEEL ABOUT HIM. SO GLAD STEVE GOT IT.
  • by Unemployed Location: Panama City on Nov 2, 2010 at 06:30 PM
    Good bye Allen Boyd! See you in the unemployment line!
  • by Tyrell Location: Lynn Haven on Nov 2, 2010 at 01:13 PM
    I guess I will be okay too. Obama promised me lots of things.... THANKS!
  • by Joe Location: pcb on Nov 2, 2010 at 11:16 AM
    Tyrell, unfortunately ole liberal Boyd won't be out of a job. I'm sure Obama has already promised him a job in his administration for being a loyal lapdog.
  • by joe Location: pcb on Nov 2, 2010 at 11:13 AM
    Thanks for your vote of confidence comment there Allen, er er er I mean Jim.
  • by Dale Wilhite Location: Alpine, Wyoming on Nov 2, 2010 at 09:22 AM
    Allen Boyd is the typical blue dog that is really a "Yellow Dog." I hope they vote him out today. My parents in Florida have already voted and I am sure they did not vote for this Obama puppet!
  • Page:
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 106478254 - wjhg.com/a?a=106478254