PANAMA CITY BEACH, FL-- For many people, celebrating our nation's Independence Day means gathering with family, friends and food.
Kathy Riley from "My Best Friends Kitchen" joined us Thursday morning with some really fun ideas for some delicious dishes.
My Best Friend's Kitchen provided the ingredients for, "The best BBQ ribs."
1 rack ribs (baby back or spare ribs)
1 cup BBQ sauce of your choice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Cut ribs in sections of 2 ribs each
- Place flat in a baking pan; cover with foil
- Bake 75 minutes for baby backs and 90 minutes for spare ribs
- Remove from oven; cool completely
- Put in Ziploc bag or bowl and pour BBQ sauce over ribs and stir or knead until ribs are covered with sauce- at this point ribs may be frozen, refrigerated or cooked
- If frozen, thaw in refrigerator overnight
- Preheat grill to medium heat
- Remove ribs from bag and place on grill
- Grill 5 minutes, turn and grill 5 minutes longer
- Remove from grill and let sit 5 minutes before serving
- Alternately, Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Place ribs in oven proof pan
- Bake, uncovered, 20-30 minutes until heated through