PANAMA CITY BEACH, FL-- The death of Robin Williams earlier this week has brought the subject of suicide to light on a national level.
The beloved comedian committed suicide on Monday after struggling with depression for years. Now we are learning he was also in the early stages of Parkinson's.
Tricia Pearce from the Life Management Center in Panama City joined Newschannel 7 Today on Friday morning. This is a difficult and sensitive subject, but one that absolutely needs our attention because many in our community have been impacted by the suicide of a loved one or perhaps need tools to help someone who is suicidal.
List of potential suicide warning signs:
- Thinking about hurting or killing yourself.
- Looking for ways to kill yourself.
- Talking about death, dying or suicide.
- Self-destructive behavior.
- Anxiety, agitation, sleeplessness, mood swings.
- Feeling like there is no reason to live.
- Rage or anger.
- Increased alcohol or drug use.
- Withdrawing from family and friends.
Please contact Life Management Center 24 hour Cris Hotline if needed at 850-522-4485. Services are available for Bay, Calhoun, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson and Washington Counties.
The 5th Annual Suicide Prevention Conference will be held Tuesday, September 9 at the FSU Holley Center from 1:00 - 5:00 p.m. Contact Tricia Pearce for more information at 850-522-4485.