The financial experts say the sooner a child learns about value of money and how to save it, the better.
So what’s a parent to do? How you lead your child down the road towards fiscal responsibility?
David Southhall from Innovations Federal Credit Union has the top five tips to help.
1. Set Savings Goals with your children. Use charts to help them see how much they've saved!
2. Use envelopes or jars with pictures of a special purchase. Have them draw pictures of what they want to buy!
3. Open a Savings Account for your child. Expose them to a Financial Institution early on!
4. Give Savings rewards. T-shirts, toys, prizes, etc…!
5. Set a good example. Show your children that you save money too!
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.