Trash fire burns 7-year-old in Mobile Co.

By: MOBILE, Ala. (AP)
By: MOBILE, Ala. (AP)

A seven-year-old Mobile County boy was severely burned by a trash fire.

Investigators said it happened Sunday afternoon at a residence on Tanner Williams Road in west Mobile County.

A Mobile County sheriff's spokesman said the youngster was burned over 60 percent of his body. The boy was airlifted to University of South Alabama Medical Center. His name and condition were not immediately known.

Authorities said it appeared the boy and his friends took turns pouring gasoline on a trash fire when the fuel exploded.

The incident marked the third time in less than a week that a child in southwest Alabama has suffered serious burns in an accident.

(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
8195 Front Beach Road Panama City Beach, FL 32407 Station: 850-234-7777 News: 850-230-5221 Fax: 850-233-6647 FCC Form 398
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 37823439