ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- Fire rescue officials in Orlando say a teenager found his parents passed out in their garage hours after they had gone out to buy baby formula.
Orlando TV station WEST reports the 15-year-old woke up around 1 a.m. Thursday and wondered where his parents were. He found them inside their car parked in the garage and ran to a neighbor's house for help.
The neighbor helped get them out and rescue crews took them to Florida Hospital Orlando.
Rescue officials say they suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning. Their six children were also treated outside the home and taken to a hospital for observation.
Authorities believe the couple may have stayed inside the car after returning from the store because they didn't have air conditioning inside their house.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.