ATLANTA (AP) -- Authorities say some students are recovering from their injuries after an experiment to make a model volcano erupt led to an explosion in an Atlanta classroom.
Atlanta Prep Academy Principal Dr. Lynette Walker tells WSB-TV that students had been working on their volcano experiments when one student gave the dry ice for his volcano to a classmate when the substitute teacher wasn't looking. Walker said one of the students took the dry ice and put it in a water bottle with vinegar and it exploded during the experiment last week.
Officials said part of the bottle struck one student's forehead. A second student suffered a burn to his hand. Authorities say the chemicals got into another student's face.
Walker said she's reviewing safety policies in light of the incident.