ATLANTA (AP) -- Authorities say some students are recovering from their injuries after an experiment to make a model volcano erupt led to an explosion in an Atlanta classroom.
Atlanta Prep Academy Principal Dr. Lynette Walker tells WSB-TV that students had been working on their volcano experiments when one student gave the dry ice for his volcano to a classmate when the substitute teacher wasn't looking. Walker said one of the students took the dry ice and put it in a water bottle with vinegar and it exploded during the experiment last week.
Officials said part of the bottle struck one student's forehead. A second student suffered a burn to his hand. Authorities say the chemicals got into another student's face.
Walker said she's reviewing safety policies in light of the incident.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.