Posted: 4:27 PM
- Legislation protecting an unborn fetus is on its way to the Governor. The legislation was inspired by a Tampa woman who was given an abortion inducing drug disguised as an anti-biotic. Watching the legislation was an emotional experience.
Posted: 4:17 PM
- A bill banning e cigarettes to minors almost went up in smoke thanks to big tobacco flexing their muscle. Cities, counties, and anti-tobacco advocates were concerned they’d have local power taken away.
Updated: 6:57 AM
- Walton County Commissioners are at odds over funding for a proposed sports complex in South Walton.
One commissioner wants to use TDC funds and reach out to tourists.
Another feels the facility should be for residents.
- Florida’s all-important FCAT exams were thrown into chaos on Tuesday, as widespread computer glitches prevented thousands of students across the state from logging into their computers and taking the test.
- Voters in 3 Bay County cities went to the polls Tuesday to choose candidates for several city council or commission seat, and at least 1 mayor. No close races in Callaway. The most hotly contested races took place in Mexico Beach.