WJHG Sports Headlines
Saban, McElwain looking ahead to SEC title game Saturday
Posted: 9:20 PM
- Saban, McElwain talk about their match up in Atlanta Saturday in the SEC Championship game.
Port St. Joe hoping to dish out some payback come Friday in Orlando
Posted: 9:08 PM
- Port St. Joe looking ahead to a rematch with a Trenton team that earlier this season gave the Sharks their only loss of the season.
Port St. Joe looking ahead to a return trip to Orlando for 1A state title game
- John Palmer says he's working to keep things as familiar as possible as St. Joe works towards 1A title game in Orlando.
FSU Beats Florida 27-2, 3rd Straight in Swamp
- Dalvin Cook ran for 183 yards and two touchdowns, Roberto Aguayo kicked two long field goals and Florida State upended Florida 27-2 on Saturday night.
No. 2 Alabama Claims SEC West with 29-13 Win Over Auburn
- Derrick Henry ran 46 times for 271 yards and Adam Griffith kicked five field goals to propel No. 2 Alabama to the SEC West title with a 29-13 victory over rival Auburn on Saturday.
Locals Go 6-0 this Weekend at Gulf Coast
- The Gulf Coast men and women, along with the Northwest Florida Lady Raiders all won both their games this weekend at the the Commodores' Thanksgiving Classic.
Strong Showings from Area JUCO Teams Friday on Gulf Coast's Court
- Harrison Field House hosted a full day of hoops Friday, as three local programs all ended up on the right side of the scoreboard.
Florida Dominates 2nd Half, Beats Florida Gulf Coast 70-50
- Dorian Finney-Smith scored a season-high 23 points, John Egbunu notched his first double-double of the season and Florida beat Florida Gulf Coast 70-50 Friday night.
No. 4 Iowa State, Illinois Advance to Emerald Coast Classic Finals
- Iowa State's trip to the Panhandle started off right, as the No. 4 Cyclones powered past Virginia Tech 99-77 in their Emerald Coast Classic semifinal at the Arena at Northwest Florida State Friday night.
Port St. Joe's State Bound, Niceville's Staying Home
- For the second straight year, Port St. Joe is playing for 1A's championship in Orlando.
More WJHG Sports Headlines
National Sports Headlines